Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weary




I've been out of touch and I apologize. There is a weariness that has settled over me and I haven't felt like burdening you with this grayness. I always feel a little sadness after the Christmas rush slows down. It's not just that the anticipation and excitement of Christmas is over but now it's the loss of not being able to share that time with my mom. I miss her greatly.

I have also been sharing a troubling and terrible diagnosis of a dear friend's unborn baby. She is now 21 weeks and the doctors believe that the baby will not make it. This our friends' first baby.

I think it was very providental today that I was asked to fill-in and teach a Bible class this morning on Naomi and Ruth. For those of you that don't remember, Naomi suffered great sorrow. Not only did her husband die, but both of her sons did also. She was so grieved that she changed her name. Her daughter-in-law, Ruth, returned to Naomi's homeland with her and there was blessed with a loving marriage and a son. Naomi's joy returned with the birth of her grandson.

Psalm 30:11 says, "You turned my sorrow into dancing." Can God do that? I believe he can. Sometimes His plan unfolds in a matter of days. Sometimes His plan unfolds over the course of years. Sometimes we never do see it clearly. Remain steadfast...remain faithful. He has a plan.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

The above verse is my favorite verse in the Bible. It has pulled me through some very difficult times and I hope that it will be a help you as well.

No comments: