Friday, November 14, 2008

Diet Update

Weigh-In:

Mrs. Dabbler has lost 13 lbs.
Mr. Reserved has lost a little (I'm actually not sure of the #) and
Miss G is down from 390 lbs to 380 lbs.

Her and her daddy weighed a couple of days ago. She ran up front yelling,

"Mommy, mommy guess what? I weigh three hundreds and ninety pounds!"

"Oh really? Do you mean three hundred ninety or 39?"

"It's three hundreds and ninety. Really. I'm serious."

"Wow. That's great, Miss G."


Yesterday they weighed again.

"Mommy, mommy, I now weigh three hundreds and eighty pounds."

"Wow, that's great. You're amazing."

"Yeah, I know."


We really didn't intend for Miss G to lose weight on our new way of eating. I am encouraging her to make healthy choices and so far she is doing great. If you only weight 39 pounds and you lose one pound, that's a pretty big percentage of your weight. I'll have to up her quantity of the good stuff.

Miss G has always loved broccoli. The other night I roasted cauliflower for dinner and she just glared at it until I told her it was like white broccoli. That was all it took. She gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow and then she begged me to buy it again the next time I went to the store. Kids really will eat vegetables. You just have to keep giving them opportunities to eat them. It seems like I've come to this crucial piece of information the hard way but at least I've finally got it.

My dear mother tried for years to cook healthy for us. It's only taken me 40 years to realize the wisdom of her ways. I guess that makes me pretty stubborn and a lot of other adjectives I'd rather not say.

I hope that you've decided to make some healthy choices. You'll feel so much better and who knows, you might go from 390 to 380 too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's awesome. I'm sure you are already feeling like a new woman!