Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Autumn



Today was a blustery, leaves blowing, wind howling, Winnie-the-Pooh kind of day. It wouldn't have taken much for a person to lose their balance and end up in a Poohesque head-over-heels roll. Fall has officially arrived.

While out in this world today, Miss G found "the most humongous leaf in the whole wide world!" I think I'm in agreement with her because it was quite a bit bigger than her head.



Fall is my favorite season. I love to feel the first chill in the air and to see the gray clouds roll across the sky. Sipping hot drinks becomes my pastime. Miss G also seems energized by this change in our world or maybe it's just her new shoes (thank you, Ryann).




Recently my favorite fall drink, coffee, has been replaced by peppermint tea. I am a new convert to peppermint tea and I don't think I can stress to you enough how wonderful it is. Besides opening up your stuffy head, it tingles your mouth and makes your tummy sing. It's truly lovely.

Miss G enjoys the always reliable and ever so yummy hot chocolate. Today she especially enjoyed her cup because it contained colored marshmallows. Miss G and Mr. Reserved are marshmallow officiados. They KNOW their marshmallows. Miss G would eat them straight out of the bag if I'd let her. Their favorite dessert contains these babies and is a Christmas treat made for them by Grandma, but we'll get to that at Christmas.

Today's chill made our drinks extra yummy which I now invite all to witness in the following picture.


I hope you all enjoy your drinks so much that you have a chocolate-like beard after you've had them. Cocoa is an experience, not just a drink.


Go ahead! Try a chocolate smooch ever once in a while. The calories are next to nothing.

No comments: