Monday, August 25, 2008

The Ant Killer



From Miss G's bedroom....

"Oh...my...stars! It's an ant!"


I hear little feet running down the hall to the kitchen. The pantry door opens. After much rummaging, the pantry door shuts and the little feet return down the hall.

From Miss G's bedroom...

"Smack. Smack, smack, smack."


Evidently, she has found the fly swatter. Then she says,

"That's my first one. MOMMY, I killed my first ant!"


More running feet enter the study.

"Mommy, I killed my first ant and it's my first one. Isn't that great?"

"Way to go, baby! Where was this ant?"

"It was in my room on my armoire. I killed it dead."

"Excellent. You'll make a great ant hunter."

"Yeah...I will. Watch my moves."







An overabundance of self confidence in a four year old is a good thing. Right?




That's what I'll keep telling myself.

No comments: