Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Uno



It's such a joy to watch your children grow and learn...until they start beating the pants off of you. Miss G and I played 8 games of Uno in a row. I am 0 for 8. I don't know how she does it, but she's good.

I grew up in a very competitive family. We played tons of games and everyone, parents included, were out to win. I'm not one of the moms who just lets their children win all the time. I believe children should be gracious in winning and losing and they need to experience both sides. What I'm trying to say is I don't let her win on purpose. I really try to win. I just can't seem to beat her.

You want to know what's really sad. We've lost her card holder and I can see all her cards and I still can't win. I really try not to use her cards against her, but I still find myself reaching for cards she doesn't have. I guess the old adage is right. Cheaters never prosper.

We're going to move on to a game where I might have a chance. I'll let you know how Candy Land goes.

No comments: