Thursday, October 16, 2008

McCain is My Man...




...at least for this election. And yes...I know the above photo is NOT him. She's quite a bit cuter, in my humble opinion. She does relate to this post however, so I'm leaving her photo there.

This is my one and only election post and I'll try to make it as short as possible.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'll repeat...McCain is my man for this election. I'm not 100% behind all of McCain's ideas, but he's the only one with a chance against Obama.

My decision against Obama was final once I learned his stance on abortion. In Michael Gerson's article at the Washington Post, Michael writes,


Obama's record on abortion is extreme. He opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion -- a practice a fellow Democrat, the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan, once called "too close to infanticide." Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion. And now Obama has oddly claimed that he would not want his daughters to be "punished with a baby" because of a crisis pregnancy -- hardly a welcoming attitude toward new life.


Many, but not all of you, may know that Miss G is adopted. Her birth mother is my hero. I thank God every day that she did not think of Miss G as punishment and decide to abort her. Babies are not punishments. They are gifts from God. When I think of all the gloriousness that is Miss G, I can't imagine that she might not have existed if her birth mother had chosen abortion. Miss G's exuberance, energy, vitality and joy could have been snuffed out in a few seconds. Every hour and every minute the world looses out on these children....these precious gifts from God. They are God's creations and we are killing them.

For additional information and a video that will stay with you the rest of your life go here.

Please vote. Lives depend upon it.

No comments: