Monday, June 16, 2008

The Blue-eyed Girls

The last three children born into my side of the family have all been girls. All three of these girls were born with amazing blue eyes. I have a particular fondness for brown eyes, but it's hard not to notice and appreciate the clarity and vividness off their eyes. Miss G, the oldest girl, has a deep, rich blue color. Miss N, the next oldest, has a deep aquamarine color and Miss S, the baby, has a liquid blue color with a hint of gray.




Miss G


Miss N


Miss S

God made their eyes as unique as their personalities. They are full of life and love and possibilities.

The baby, Miss S, and I have already settled into a routine. She has me sit on the couch and slowly, very slowly reach to tickle her feet. She says "Ready!" and is in hysterics before I even touch her.

Mr. Reserved had them all lined up after bath time last night brushing their teeth. He told them to make sure they brushed all their teeth even the ones in the back. Miss S smiled and took her toothbrush out of her mouth, reached around behind her and began brushing her back. Everyone fell into giggles and smiles.

I love having them here with me. God has truly blessed us.

No comments: