Friday, June 20, 2008

The Great Cat Hunt

We have kittens.



They were harmless enough when they were first born...but they've grown. At first, they were extremely shy and would hide at the least sound. Now, they have grown less and less leery of us. It might have something to do with the tuna fish I've fed "Mashed Prunes" (the Momma cat) but all the same we have grown on them. They now feel quite at ease eating my strawberries and playing in all my plants. They poop at the end of the deck steps and I think they have fleas...which Miss G, catching only half of the conversation at a restaurant tonight, announced loudly to the whole room "We have fleas in our house!?!"

Just a little factoid about me...I turn completely bright, beet red when embarrassed. It's Texas. It's 94 degrees and I was wishing for a turtleneck sweater. But enough about me...

Miss G and I would love to adopt those kittens but Mr. Reserved's allergies can't tolerate them. So we have found a home for them but we have to catch them first. The hunt has been set for tomorrow morning.

I've never been cat hunting. Actually, I've never been hunting at all. Mr. Reserved is bringing a cage. I'm bringing my tuna fish. Miss G is bringing her glorious self in all her safari attire.




Wish us luck.

No comments: