Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roland Garros Countdown

4 Days:15 Hours:31 Minutes:20 Seconds
I'm not much of a TV watcher. I'd rather read or putter around the house and garden. However, there are exceptions. Four times a year I'm practically glued to the TV. The Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon & the U.S. Open are the 4 major professional tennis tournaments in a calendar year and I LOVE to watch them. Mr. Reserved loves to watch most sports... except, of course, tennis. During these tournaments Mr. Reserved and Miss G lose me to the sound of ball striking, fault calling and stat keeping that fascinates me. Meals are reduced to cold cereal and bologna sandwiches. Mr. Reserved, who loves me and encourages my interests, can be found doing most of my chores like the laundry and cleaning house. It's a time that I truly enjoy and it's rapidly approaching.

I started playing tennis when I was very young and still play almost weekly. My love of the game is influencing Miss G too. She loves for me to pitch tennis balls to her so she can hit them. One day I found her playing in the kitchen with some of my sweatbands and her tennis racket. Children really do try to become little copies of their parents. It's a scary proposition.


If you haven't watched a tennis match in a long time, check out a couple of tennis greats and watch either Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros this year.

No comments: