Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why Blog?


I thought for a long time about my reasons for creating a blog. The first reason that jumped to my mind was a blog would chronicle my four year old daughter's vivid imagination. Her daily (almost hourly) utterances of creativity that level an adult's mind and wake them to reality. The...

"I'm a viking and I have sailed the seas to save you. Are you coming peacefully?" or

"I think that Blue jay is talking to ME! Can you hear him?" or

"If you don't listen to me, you're going to have to walk the plank! Have you said your goodbyes?"

Her exclamations drag my mind back from far away places where adults seem to dwell. I'm a planner and a scheduler and (yes, I'll admit it) a worrier. I seem to lose track of "the moment" and how precious it is. I thank God every day that he has seen fit to place this vibrant, loquacious, amazing little girl directly in my path. She snatches me back to the present, to the gift of the moment that God has given. I hope that this blog will chronicle and explore God's truth and power through the beauty of life.

No comments: